Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jaimee: From Big Brother To Little Sister, With Love

…And the birthday month continues! Today is my sister Jaimee’s birthday and while I don’t remember all of the specifics around her birth (I was just 3 years old, after all!) I have so many special memories of her as a little girl.

I remember that one Sunday I was able to style her hair (I really liked styling hair) and she kept her hairstyle when she went to church. I appreciate the fact that she humored me into not only fixing her hair but willingly going out in public in the style I did. Speaking of hair stories, Jaimee and I have a good laugh every time we remember what happened to the Daisy Duke doll’s hair: someone (won’t mention any names here!) decided to put her head in root beer, which had a nasty side effect on the hair. To this day Jaimee and I still laugh about this!

I remember when Jaimee was in her dance class and was in a big recital. She looked so adorable in her various costumes, including a grass skirt (for a hula dance) and a little coat and hat (for an Eskimo dance). She received a cool gold star necklace from her teacher, as I recall. Jaimee also performed in some piano recitals, playing so well, so exquisitely! And she continues to play the piano with such talent and skill that I envy so much!

Anyway, while I don’t have a lot of vivid memories of Jaimee as a newborn child, I am glad I can look at the many photos of Jaimee as an infant, a beautiful little girl who grew up into a beautiful young woman, a beautiful wife and mother!

My favorite photo of me and my sister Jaimee - 1980

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIMEE!!
I’M SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU FOR 
A SISTER AND A FRIEND!!

1 comment:

  1. That should NOT be a favorite photo, if only for the horrific couch pattern you are sitting on! :)

    And I am proud to be THAT "someone." :)

    ReplyDelete