Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jordan: From Eldest To Youngest, With Love

Today is a special day - my brother Jordan’s birthday! And not just any birthday, but a milestone birthday: his 30th Birthday!! The Big 3-0!! And as the eldest sibling in my family I feel so old at this moment, but I also feel disbelief that my youngest sibling is now 3 Decades Old!! Have I emphasized the fact that he is 30?!

Anyway, I have some memories of when Jordan was born. I remember that the night before Mom was in her room and all of us kids had just had our baths. Then there was a sudden panic, as Mom needed to go to the hospital - her water had just broken! She had not experienced this process before with her other pregnancies, so she was understandably worried and scared. I remember that me and my siblings were scared that something was terribly wrong with Mom. While Dad drove Mom to the hospital, Uncle Dwayne and Aunt Betty were kind enough to stay with us kids. I remember that we were watching a movie on TV at the time: Airport ‘77 (this is the one where the plane crashes in the Bermuda Triangle and sinks to the bottom of the ocean, trapping everyone inside). Now whenever I see this movie I remember Jordan’s birth. Weird, huh?

The next morning me and my siblings were all together in our parents’ bed (I guess we were scared and needed to be together) and I remember hearing a song on the clock radio - “For Your Eyes Only” by Sheena Easton. I am a huge James Bond fan and I love this song, but whenever I hear this song or think of the movie I initially remember Jordan’s birth. Later on in the morning we got a phone call that Mom was all right and that we had a new baby brother - Jordan Daniel (although years later we learned that Dad misspelled the middle name on the birth records - DANIAL) Whoops!


Me and Jordan at the MAROON 5 concert this year

And here we are, 30 years later and Jordan has grown up into such a handsome, tall, smart, funny, amazing man! He is my brother, he is one of my best friends and he means so much to me!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!! 
WITH ALL MY LOVE, ADMIRATION AND RESPECT!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great that you have those memories of Jordan being born. I honestly don't remember any of those things, but I feel like I do when you write about them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete