Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Recap

Random post  (you’ve been warned!)

I am really slacking off when it comes to posting on my blog, but I will remedy that today! Here’s  quick recap of some of my favorite things from the past week (since my last post was a week ago…yep, I’m a slacker!) Anyway, here we go:


* A few days ago I purchased a DVD with a Best Buy gift card I got for my birthday from my parents (by the by, thanks folks!) I haven’t made a DVD/Blu Ray purchase in quite awhile, so I felt justified in this purchase. I bought Season 2 of Growing Pains, and in my spare time (i.e. just before going to bed each night) I’ve been watching episodes. I had forgotten how much I loved this show! It was one of my favorite shows to watch back in the ’80s - Tuesday nights on ABC - great memories!


* I don’t listen to the radio, opting to listen to my downloaded songs on my iPod, but I recently heard a current hit song that I have totally fallen in love with: “Rolling In The Deep” by Adele. I know this song has been out for awhile, but once I heard it I was hooked. I downloaded it and have been constantly listening to it. Adele has such an incredible voice - she reminds me a little of Dusty Springfield! And the lyrics are very powerful!


* Monday night I went to Tinseltown with my parents to see a movie that is a limited release: 17 Miracles. The movie portrays true events of the early Latter-day Saint pioneers in the Willie Handcart company, making a brave but difficult journey to the Salt Lake Valley in 1856. This was an incredible movie: powerful, faith-promoting, inspiring, and very humbling. There were several tear-inducing moments, and I realized how amazing the early Saints were; I could not have endured and pressed on the way that they did! It was particularly fitting that my parents and I saw this movie on the 25th, just one day after Pioneer Day! And it was a special treat to be able to see this incredible movie with my parents!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, cool, and cool! Karen loves that Adele song. I'm surprised she's a white chick with such a soulful voice.

    ReplyDelete