Monday, July 18, 2011

“We’re Just Wild About Harry”

I had planned on posting this on Friday, but I have been detained by a medical inconvenience - more on that later! Friday the 15th was a pretty exciting day for me, as I was all set to see the last installment of the Harry Potter series with my mom and my nephews Josh Jr. and Ben. My nephews have read all of the books and have retained so much information that they were able to help remind me of things I had forgotten. They are so amazing!

My mom picked them up early Friday morning, as the plan was to be at the Chapel Hills mall by 10:30 - an hour before show time. The moment I saw my nephews I was taken by surprise, in a good way! Each of them sported a new hairdo, courtesy of their dad who loves to be creative/innovative/possibly even reckless! Here are the new hairstyles:



The HP stands for Harry Potter! Very clever indeed!

Ben had a cool-looking Mohawk, but he wanted to have something that would help him look more like Harry Potter, so with the help of my mom’s eyebrow pencil I drew Harry Potter’s lightning scar on Ben’s forehead, and I think it turned out quite well!


Ben also had his own homemade wand, that he’s been working on for sometime. As for Josh Jr. I offered to lend him my Dumbledore wand I purchased at Harry Potter World in Orlando, Florida. Each of my nephews had a chance to play with it and we had some silly, fun photo moments!


Now comes the “medical inconvenience” part of the story. After taking pictures of my nephews on the stairs in the house I started to climb up and all of a sudden I heard a distinctive popping sound, followed by the sound of my own voice groaning in pain. I felt a sharp stab of pain in my lower back and with each step I took the pain commenced. “Ow, ow, ow” is what I said over and over again as I got up the stairs. Everyone was worried about me, but I assured them that I would be all right. I wasn’t about to miss the opportunity of seeing Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2!


Mom, Josh Jr. and Ben ready for the movie to begin!!

So, off we went, and we arrived in plenty of time at the Chapel Hills Mall theater. There was a small line already formed, but we didn’t have to wait very long for the theater to open and for us to be able to get in and get to our seats! Granted, we had about an hour and 15 minutes to endure, but it was fine. We loaded up on popcorn, drinks and candy (which was finished off by the time the trailers were shown!) And then it was time for the movie!


I’ll be doing a separate post about my review of Harry Potter…Part 2. As for the experience itself, I had so much fun with my mom and my nephews! Occasionally one would ask to have his ears covered, or one would cover his eyes, but for the most part my nephews were very brave and really loved the movie. Mom and I had a few moments when we got a little emotional and had to wipe away some tears.

During the movie I managed to be seated in such a way that my back didn’t hurt. Of course, I made certain that I didn’t move one muscle during the movie. When it was over and we got ready to leave I realized it was going to be hard pulling myself out of my seat. And when I did I started yelping in pain. How embarrassing for my family! Sorry you guys! I took these careful, cautious steps out of the theater that made me look like I had an accident in my pants! Mortifying! But the experience was awesome, totally worthwhile!

1 comment:

  1. The theater looks empty, but maybe y'all got there plenty early. Thanks again for being such a cool uncle to my boys (and the girls too!)

    ReplyDelete