Sunday, July 10, 2011

“They Say It’s Your Birthday”

It’s my birthday today…time to be depressed about being another year older and another year closer to death. Whoa! Negative much?!

Actually, I do enjoy my birthday and have had some memorable birthdays from years before. Today’s post consists of photos of some of my past birthdays, because this is the one day of the year when I can be totally self-absorbed and just go on and on about me, me, me…(what do you mean this isn’t different from any other day for me?!)


My 6th birthday: a birthday party with the kids in my neighborhood, held on the 
deck of my home in Orem, Utah. My mom organized the party and 
my dad made a cool clown beanbag game.



My 7th birthday: my Grandpa Case and I shared the same birthday, and this year 
we celebrated together and each of us had our own cake with candles to blow out. 


My 9th birthday: another awesome party with the kids in the neighborhood! Great fun!!


My 10th birthday: I had a really cool birthday cake - a space shuttle
with licorice pin stripes!! Very memorable!



My 16th birthday: my first birthday celebrated in Greeley, Colorado. I didn’t get a car, 
but I did get a birthday card with a car on it…not exactly the same thing.


My 17th birthday: sometimes birthdays just bring out the crazy in some people! 
This was an ice cream cake - so delicious!


My 20th birthday: the big 2-0! My mom made a very cool, three-tiered cake! 


My 22nd birthday: my first birthday celebrated in Colorado Springs, Colorado
I loved the little sign made for my bedroom door!




My 25th birthday: I’m a quarter of a century old!! Maybe that’s why 
my hair is such a bright yellow! 



My 28th birthday: as I got closer to turning 30 I found myself having 
a harder time blowing out those darn birthday candles!

I've been so blessed with so many memorable birthdays! Thanks to my family, my loved ones for making each birthday special!

1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures! Why am I the only idiot playing with the sucker (upside down) in that one picture?!

    Your cheeks in the 7th birthday pic remind me of Dizzy Gillespie! :)

    ReplyDelete