Sunday, July 31, 2011

Red Rocks ‘N’ Rolls

Me, just before the concert began
 
On Thursday July 28th I went to my first concert in over 17 years!! How depressing is that, that it had been that long?! Well, I’m really not big on going to concerts, but I think that has now changed. I went with Jordan, Erin and Erin’s mom Suzi. Erin’s sister Kaylie was also in attendance at the concert, but she was off with her own friends. I guess we weren’t “cool” enough to hang with her. Then again, to a teenager anyone over 20 is probably not cool enough.



The concert was held at Red Rocks Ampitheatre - I had never been there before, so I was anxious to see it, and when I did see it I was completely in awe! Amazing! The opening act was Gavin DeGraw and he was a great performer. Even though I recognized just one of his songs (because I am really not “with” the current music scene) I really enjoyed the music. When Gavin and his band started to perform my ears began to ring, my chest and heart began to vibrate and I thought I was going to explode! It was such a rush! Now I understand why concerts are so much fun! And the fun was just beginning!


After Gavin DeGraw completed his set, there was a brief intermission and then it was time for the next act - the one that I was most excited about, the one that I really wanted to experience: Maroon 5! Now, I am more familiar with their music, having several of their songs on my iPod. Jordan and Erin were the ones who got me to listen to their music and subsequently love it! I was pumped and ready for a rocking good time!!

 
And I was certainly not disappointed! Awesome, awesome, awesome! Adam Levine was an outstanding performer, full of energy, just bouncing all over the stage! The audience sang along with most of the songs (I even joined in on a few of the songs), cheered, clapped, waved their arms, etc.



During the concert I kept looking up at the sky to see if we were at risk of being rained on. Even if it did rain the show must go on; in fact, on the ticket it actually indicated “rain or shine” so this concert would not face a rain delay! And as luck would have it we didn’t get rained on. A few light sprinkles here and there, but otherwise it was a perfectly clear night!

After Maroon 5 there was another brief intermission and it was at this point that I noticed that my legs were aching something fierce! And my feet (specifically my heels) were so sore that I just had to sit down. And I was tired! The sad thing was that it was only after 9 and there was one more act to see! I felt like a 100 year-old man at this point, totally undeserving of experiencing a concert. “Go to bed old man!

Train was the last act, and they did a great job! I would have enjoyed them even more, except that I was tired and sore. I sat down for the majority of their performance, but I was still able to enjoy the music. I wasn’t able to take any photos because my camera batteries had died - like me, they were just worn out!

Jordan, Erin and Suzi
Me and Jordan - brothers bonding!!

Anyway, despite my whining/complaining about being tired and having sore legs, I had a great time at the concert! Jordan, Erin, Suzi and Kaylie also enjoyed the concert and it was fun to be around them that night! I am definitely planning on attending more concerts in the future…and I’ll be sure to be in better shape to stand, scream, shout and sing!! 

The t-shirt I bought (front and back)

3 comments:

  1. I would have LOVED to hit this concert. Train and Maroon 5 are two of my favorite groups. I'd have probably sung along with every song! Glad you got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally jealous!! I saw Maroon 5 there many moons ago. And it was awesome. Did I say I was totally jealous of you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to see a concert at the famed Red Rocks.

    ReplyDelete