“And then there was one.” Well, I have come down to my final graduation-themed post, which is about my brother Josh. So, here we go…
Josh graduated from Greeley Central High School on Saturday June 4th 1994. At this point you should know the routine: it was held outside in the football stadium; the weather was sketchy and unpredictable, but ended up holding out for the ceremony. According to my journal entry from this day the ceremony was long, but interesting, as there was a bit of a problem with the sound system. I wish I had elaborated on that in my journal entry because I don’t remember what the issue was.
Josh, showing some leg!
After the ceremony, everyone came down from the bleachers for a big reunion with the Class of ‘94 graduates out on the football field. Josh was such a character! He did all sorts of silly poses during the various “photo shoots” - never once taking this whole experience too seriously, in spite of the fact that this was a big deal, a big moment for him! I admired that about him. He had a lot of friends there with him, and it was fun to see him surrounded by them, everyone congratulating everyone!
There was a big graduation party for Josh at our house and the family did a terrific job decorating the house for the party. There was a delicious and beautifully decorated graduation cake for Josh - rather ironic, because as I recall Josh is not a big fan of cake. Several of Josh’s friends came over to the house for the party, including his girlfriend (at the time) Amber. And if I’m not mistaken, I believe that Josh’s ex-girlfriend was also there, which created a bit of an awkward situation for Josh. Josh, you are such a cool dude!!
Looking back on Josh’s graduation day I remember that I was particularly proud of him. The two of us had begun to develop a good relationship during high school, when he was a sophomore and I was a senior. We shared a locker together and built up a great friendship! After Josh graduated from high school we continued to bond as brothers, and he helped me become more social, more involved in activities with the other single, young adults in our church. Thanks Josh!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 1994!!!




Thanks for the awesome post big brother!
ReplyDeleteYou were spot on in all your "memories" and yes, it WAS very uncomfortable having my current (but soon-to-be-ex) girlfriend there along with my most recent ex-girlfriend. Funny side story, a girl from the class of '93 came to my graduation party after a year away at college. She'd been a friend of mine that I'd had a crush on, but she wouldn't give me the time of day. So she showed up at my graduation party to say she had made a mistake and see if I was dating anyone! That was even MORE awkward! :)
I loved my smiley face taped on my cap ... I remember one dude had a $ dollar sign taped on his but I like the smiley face better! Soooo much more classy! Ha ha! :)