It’s time for another totally random blog post. And this one is really random!
The other day I took my camera to work so I could take some pictures of my desk. I warned you all that this would be random…Now why would I want to have a photo of my desk at work? Why would I want to have a reminder of my job among photos of family and vacations?
Well, the reason I had the inkling (love that word!) to take a couple of pictures of my desk was because I had worked very hard to decorate it and I wanted to capture the moment, so to speak. If I ever have to move to another desk in the building (or something worse…please don't fire me!) I would like to have a reminder of my desk.
I spent a lot of time organizing and decorating my desk in a way that would reveal my personality and help me feel more calm and at ease. Then I would have peace and tranquility; I would be able to have my “Serenity now!” moment at my desk, by looking at my decorations. And now it is time for the big reveal - let's see my desk:
I have a computer monitor, keyboard, phone and headset, just what a customer service representative needs to do the job. And then I have my family photos at eye level, so I can glance at my loved ones during the stress and strain of the day, and I always feel better. But I also have tons and tons of movie posters (collected from old books and magazines) that adorn my work area. It’s my way of showing what a movie freak…I mean fan I am! I had the most difficult time hanging up these posters - no matter how much tape I used I would end up finding them all on the floor when I would come back to work. Eventually I used packing tape to successfully secure them to the walls.
I may have gone overboard on the décor…what do you think?!
Overboard is a relative term that needs a frame of reference ...
ReplyDeleteIf you use a completely empty desk as a starting point then the logical answer is YES you went overboard.
But if you use a typical rep desk as a reference point then the logical answer is YES you went overboard.
Huh ... I guess it doesn't really matter ... you just went overboard! :)
That is a real kicking desk!
ReplyDelete