Well, I made it!! Finally!! My last blog post for this 365 Day Challenge!! When I started this challenge (after encouragement from my cousin Matt and my sister Jaimee) I worried that I had taken on more than I could handle. It was more daunting than I had anticipated. To create a daily post, to come up with a different subject/topic each day was more difficult than I expected. And I have a newfound admiration for anyone who has written a blog; in fact, I admire all writers in general!
And yet, as I write up this post, I can’t help but feel a little under-whelmed. I mean, it’s a great feeling to have accomplished something, like this challenge. But on the other hand it feels like “is that all there is to this?” It doesn’t have the same pizzazz as someone completing a race, crossing the finish line; or standing on stage, receiving a groundswell of applause. This accomplishment feels more like I just checked off the last item on a “to do” list. Anti-climatic.
But that’s the thing about individual goals: a goal accomplished is a goal accomplished, period. It’s still a success, an achievement, even if it is only recognized by one individual. So, I can give myself a pat on the back for sticking to this task (which ended up being a fun, rewarding experience rather than just a nagging chore waiting to be completed). Everyone deserves to give themselves a good pat on the back, to recognize something done, from the grand to the minute. Congratulations!!
Another question has popped into my head: “where do I go from here?” Should I challenge myself to another 365 Day Blog Post Challenge? Should I try something completely different? How about trying to get into the World Book of Records? Auditioning for the next season of American Idol? (oh, yeah, I’m way past the age limit on that show!) I want to continue writing, and now that I’ve been able to just write fun, everyday stuff, maybe now I should try to write a story? A screenplay? A novel? [Gulp!]
I would still like to do a blog, not necessarily every single day, but just whenever the mood fits me, whenever the creative sparks ignite, whenever inspiration takes off…
“Is that all there is?” No, this is just the beginning for me!

And what a great beginning it has been!
ReplyDeleteHuge props and congratulations to you on your successful full year of blogging! I've missed a few posts here and there, but every one I have read is a gem! (No pun intended there Jem!)
Love you big brother! Looking forward to editing your screenplay! Ha ha! :)
CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteI think you have completed a mighty challenge! I totally understand that it can be a bit of a letdown after but don't let that discourage you from writing more.
It has been a joy to get to know you better. Thank you
Fantastic Jeremy! Don't follow my poor example..
ReplyDelete