Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Getting To Know Me, Getting To Know All About Me"

Day 1

Here it is!! I am finally on board with this whole blogging business (welcome to the 21st Century, Jeremy!) and I have taken up the challenge extended by my cousin Matt and my sister Jaimee to blog daily for one year; in fact, Jaimee is the one who helped me set up my blog (thank you sis!) Am I up to this challenge? A daily blog? Well, I have a little experience, as I have kept a daily journal since I was 14, which was...well, let's just say it was back in the 20th century! Anyhoo, for my first blog entry I am going to introduce myself to whomever happens to be reading this (whether by choice, family obligation or sheer--and undoubtedly unfortunate--accident) with some basic information; so let's get to know...me!


I'm a real "swinger" - June 2009

1.  My nickname is Jem; not as in Jem and the Holograms (that trippy cartoon from the '80s with the song "Jem, Jem truly outrageous, truly, truly, truly outrageous!"), but as in Jeremy 'Jem' Finch, a character from one of my all time favorite book and movie, To Kill A Mockingbird.  Just wanted to make that distinction!


A classic!! The 1962 movie is also a classic!!


2.  I have memorized all of the Academy Award winners from its inception in 1929 to the present. Give me a year and I'll rattle off the Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress winners of that year! Believe it or not, this is something I am proud to display on my resume...which might explain why I am unemployed.


I am obsessed with the Academy Awards!


3.  I am unemployed.

4.  I love to scrapbook. I have created four different trivia scrapbooks, as well as a scrapbook of my school days, a book of remembrance, a scrapbook devoted to memories, and a scrapbook of my life experiences. Which leads right into the next thing about me...

5.  I am single. (And I think the previous 4 items explain why)

6.  I am a registered Republican, but these days I don't really know what that entails. In fact, I would actually say I'm a member of the Whig Party. No, wait, I am a member of the Rebel Alliance, defender of freedom throughout the galaxy.  And that leads me to...

7.  I am a huge fan of Star Wars. Again, just refer back to #5 and it should make sense!


I am also obsessed with STAR WARS
(Gee, I still don't understand why I am single...)

8.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. I have a calling in the church as Primary teacher/board member. I teach the 11 year-olds. And I love teaching!!

9.  I love to read.  Or, maybe I should say that "I enjoy to read good literature." (It's a family joke)

10.  Speaking of family, I am blessed to have my immediate family all living here in Colorado Springs. I have two brothers, a sister, two sister-in-laws, a brother-in-law, three nephews, five (soon to be six) nieces. And it really is a blessing.

I was going to do a list of 25 things about me, but this is getting a little long-winded and I should probably get back to looking for a job, or doing something really productive like taking a nap. One blog entry down, 364 to go...what have I gotten myself into?!

5 comments:

  1. Jeremy!!! I am so excited and I LOVED your first post. Is it silly that it brought tears to my eyes?!?! I am so blessed to have you as my brother and one of my best friends! I'm so excited to read your blog daily. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, forgot to mention... loved the title of this... did you know that's the song Matteah is dancing to in the recital tomorrow?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! And blame Matt, it was all his idea. Just so you know, I always thought of Jem from To Kill a Mockingbird, not Jem and the Holograms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of e-mailing you telling you I would join in for another year if you did it. I am glad I didn't have too! ;)

    Glad you started and I look forward to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Jeremy. I look forward to getting to know you! Welcome to the madness...

    ReplyDelete