Saturday, June 5, 2010

Matteah: Saturday Creative

Hey, So You Think You Can Dance!!
Here's your winner for the year 2024!

Day 2

I had the joy and pleasure of attending my niece (Matteah's) dance class recital this evening.  She has been in this dance class with Northridge Dance Conservatory since the beginning of the year and tonight was her very first recital. My mom and I picked up Jaimee and Matteah and drove them to the school. I was in awe when I saw Matteah in her costume; so beautiful and graceful.  It was such a thing to behold.  Matteah was more than happy to let me take a few pictures of her before the recital (which was a good thing, because cameras/videos were not allowed during the performance.


Doesn't she just melt your heart?!
I'm so proud of my niece!!

I know that Jaimee will be posting a blog about the recital, so I would just like to make a few comments. I had a great time seeing Matteah perform an adorable dance to "Getting To Know You" from the musical The King and I. Her class, listed as Saturday Creative in the program, gave a very entertaining performance, but in my unbiased opinion Matteah was the star of the show! Matteah was a natural on stage, unfazed in performing in front of a huge crowd (there was a very large turnout for this program), even going so far as to help another girl with some of the steps in the routine.  Me and my family laughed, smiled and applauded with tremendous pride and admiration! Brava, Matteah!!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to steal your pictures if I can't get my scanner figured out to scan the picture of her class!! :) Thanks for posting about this and thanks so much for going! You didn't even mention beating mom and me at Scrabble while we waited!! Love you so much Jem! :)

    ReplyDelete