Monday, June 7, 2010

Movie Monday

My little ol' movie collection
Day 4

Have you ever been asked “what is your favorite movie?” How did you respond? Did you have to ponder about it for a while? Did you immediately shout out the name of the movie with pride and enthusiasm? Did you say one movie to sound more cultured (like Citizen Kane or Gandhi), yet in your mind you were thinking of your ACTUAL favorite movie (like The Care Bears Movie or Ishtar)? If someone were to ask me I would say: “Ummm, who are you? Do I know you? What are you, the Movie Police?” Then I would calm down and respond like any dignified politician: “I don’t have a favorite. But for the record my favorite word is peace!”

Seriously, though, I LOVE MOVIES!! But, I really, truly don’t have one absolute favorite. See, I like all kinds of movies; all shapes, sizes and forms (well, excluding “adult movies,” military training films and any movie that stars Carrot Top). I love artsy-fartsy movies, romantic, epics, horror/thrillers, family movies, Disney/animated, foreign films (especially from France), comedies, sci-fi and action/adventure! In fact, several years ago I started scrap booking a collection of my favorite movies--that book turned into 3 volumes of over 500 favorite movies. And I have a few more to induct now, such as Avatar (2009), The Bride Wore Black (1968) and Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999). I just keep adding to my favorites.

VOLUME ONE of THREE
(you'll see the other two in a future blog)

And now that I have professed my love of movies I must forewarn my readers that with 361 days left to blog I will probably be focusing on some of my favorite movies in future blog entries. You have been warned….

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read all about them... although I have browsed your scrapbooks. You have excellent taste in movies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete