Friday, June 18, 2010

Nephews

Day 15


Me, Josh Jr. and Ben - June 17th 2010
I look like I'm ready to put both of them in a head lock! Grrrr!

A big event is on the horizon for my family as we await the arrival of the latest addition to the Josh Case family. Josh and his wife Karen are at the hospital today, and hopefully today Karen will deliver a healthy baby girl. With Josh fulfilling his role as devoted husband his five children have been entrusted to the care of their grandparents. The girls are with Karen’s parents; the boys are here with me and my parents.

Game Time!!
It’s fun having my nephews Josh Jr. and Ben here at the house. Last night Josh Jr. joined in the game that me, my parents, Jordan and Erin were playing (called Telestrations); at first we were a little concerned with whether or not Josh Jr. would be able to understand and play the game, but it was all for naught, because he won! Way to go Josh Jr.! Ben wasn’t old enough to join in this game but he was very helpful, keeping Dad updated on the score of the game on TV in the other room. Ben is such a good helper! I’m really proud of them and how smart and helpful they are!

I enjoy being an uncle and I hope that I am the type of uncle that nieces and nephews feel comfortable being around, because I know what it is like to be a nephew. I remember when I was younger sometimes feeling out of place among the adults; either I was too young to be noticed and regarded or I was noticed as an annoying kid and regarded as a nuisance. Hopefully my nephews (and nieces, too!) won't ever feel like this, and I just hope that I can give them a sense of belonging and value whenever they are around me.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy- I am not exaggerating when I say this... you are THE BEST uncle there ever was. You are so sweet to your nieces and nephews and make them feel so special. You focus on the positive with them and help me, as a mom, appreciate the little things they do. You will teach all of your nieces and nephews so many things... you are such a huge part of their lives and I'm so grateful for that and I'm sure they are too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete