June 14th 2010 - Matteah checks out "The View-Master"
Today’s blog entry was inspired by my niece Matteah (thank you!!) Yesterday, Jaimee brought Matteah and Casey over for a little visit, and we all ended up down in my room. Matteah and Casey proceeded to investigate my room, with their overwhelming curiosity. I was looking for something in my closet and I came across my old View-Master, which I then showed to Matteah. I showed her how it worked and let her look at the reel that was with it…which just happened to be Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”!! Did this freak Matteah out?! Of course not! She was delighted with it, even commenting on the “zombies” that were out to get people. Bless her heart!
An up-close look at my "View-Master"
I think it has held up well over the years!
The View-Master--I hope I’m not the only one who remembers this toy from the 1980s. I think they were around in the ‘70s too, but for me it was an ‘80s toy. I remember that you could get all sorts of different reels to view, ranging from Disney cartoons to clips from the recent movies. The awesome part of using the View-Master was seeing the images pop out in 3-D!! I guess it was good that I viewed 3-D then, as it prepared me for the onslaught of 3-D movies that are being released. 3-D movies: now there’s another topic altogether, but for a later blog (again, I need all the topics I can get for this blog challenge!)
Now that I’ve been ruminating about this toy I feel so very old…I might as well start saying things like “back in my day we didn’t have Blu-Ray, we had BETA VISION, and we liked it!!”
I loved the view-master but I can't remember ANY of the reels I had...
ReplyDeleteI loved the view-master... impressed you still have it- along with the reels... I'm like Jenn, can't recall any specific ones (other than the Thriller one and that's only because you showed it to me!) :P
ReplyDelete