Kindergarten School Picture - 1979
All of today's pictures come from my "School Days" scrapbook
Day 6School Days - a popular blog post subject, and one that I have always enjoyed reading. And now that I’ve started my own blog I would like to do this as well (especially since I can post on grades K through 12, which will take up 13 more blog entries during this 365 Day Challenge!) So, first up is Kindergarten:
I'm in the front row, second from the right. I would ALWAYS
be placed in the front row for class pictures; the curse of being short!
I attended Bonneville Elementary School in Orem, Utah for grades Kindergarten through 6th. My Kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Joy Adams and I remember that she was very nice, particularly when I broke my foot and had to stay home for several days. I will share more about my accident in a later blog, as I need to save stories like these for the future, when I run out of ideas for blog posts!
My first repord card! I could count all the way up to 79...so why not 80?!
Let’s see, what else do I remember about Kindergarten? Learning the alphabet. Learning numbers. Learning to color within the lines. Learning to play nicely with others (or to at least pretend whenever the teacher was around). Milk…me and the other students had to drink milk every day and I absolutely hated drinking milk. Ugh, I remember the feeling of dread that would overpower me when I would see a tray of milk cartons brought into the classroom. I remember sucking it down with a straw (when I should have just taken big gulps to get it finished, like when taking cough syrup).
I passed!! Next up: 1st Grade!!
Oh, one more thing about kindergarten (which I’m sure was the same for everyone else): taking naps. Me and the other students would each be given a little mat to stretch out on and then we would have to take a nap. As a child I hated taking naps! And to have to do it in school was even more annoying! Nowadays I have an entirely different opinion of naps. I love them, I revere them, I cherish them! I would love to go back to kindergarten just for the sake of being required to sleep during school! I’d even put up with sucking down milk cartons for a good nap.
Do you still hate milk?!?! I totally agree with the naps thing though.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read your blog about your foot as I know you will approach it with your normal humor! Love you so much Jem- so glad you're doing this. Love that picture of you!
I hate milk too. Unless it is chocolate milk.
ReplyDelete