Saturday, June 12, 2010

“Gotta get off, Gonna get, Out of this Merry-Go-Round”

Day 9

Today’s post comes from one of my scrapbook pages, which I was inspired to create when I remembered a photo of me on a merry-go-round.

Disneyland - April 1981
This photo was from my first trip to Disneyland. Here I am, surrounded by Josh, Jaimee and my uncle Dwayne. I definitely remember the experience of riding this merry-go-round; what I remember most about this was how being on it reminded me of the merry-go-round scene in Mary Poppins. I was disappointed that the horses didn’t magically leap from the merry-go-round like in the movie, as I would have loved to have been in a horse race. Tally-ho!!

At The Royal Gorge - May 18, 1996
Skipping ahead 15 years I’m on another merry-go-round. This photo was taken during a visit to the Royal Gorge, here in Colorado Springs (I will be posting a blog about the Royal Gorge at a later date). Here I am with the Costley family (very good friends of my family, who were visiting us from Utah), just enjoying the merry-go-round, which I believe was the last time I rode a merry-go-round.


Trivia Note: The title for this blog entry is a lyric taken from the song “Theme From The Valley Of The Dolls” by Dionne Warwick, just in case anyone was wondering about it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you put in that trivia note because normally I 'get' your titles but I was clueless on this one... haha! Love that picture of you on the merry-go-round at Disneyland... the picture I had of that moment wasn't as good a shot of you!

    ReplyDelete