Day 132
Today is my mom’s birthday (hence the title for today’s blog post!) and I have the opportunity to dedicate a post to her, to share my memories and stories about this remarkable woman. I am not ashamed to admit that I am a “mama’s boy” and I take pride in the label. I have a wonderful relationship with her and I am grateful for our friendship, which has developed over the years. Not everyone has a close relationship with their mother or father or both, so I appreciate what I have.
Here are some facts and favorite things about my mother:
- Julie Anhder was born in Logan, Utah on October 13th (I am not including the year, out of respect to my mom, but for the record she looks much younger than her age!)
- Julie graduated from Sky View High in 1967. Oops, I guess it won't be too hard to figure out her age now (sorry Mom!) Anyway, this is her Senior Picture:
- Julie was selected to be one of the princesses in the Black And White Days parade in her hometown of Richmond, Utah.
- Julie has an incredible talent when it comes to music: she plays the piano and sings (and while she will always downplay her ability, she is fantastic at both!) I love to hear her sing and play the piano - it is always a special treat!
- Julie also has an incredible talent when it comes to sewing. I remember that she used to make clothes for me and my siblings; she made clothes for my sister’s dolls; and one year she made us all pajamas for Christmas! Julie also crochets, and she has made many beautiful baby blankets. She has been so generous in sharing her gifts with the people she loves!
- Julie has a wonderful sense of humor! She loves to laugh and make jokes and she says some of the most witty, wry and sarcastic things! She passed her sense of humor on to me and my siblings and I really am grateful for that! It is a blessing to be able to find humor in the world, especially when things seem depressing and hopeless. And I love that all of us in the family have special “inside jokes” with Mom.
- Julie is a survivor - it never ceases to amaze me what she has had to deal with in her life. No matter the trauma or life-altering experience Julie has managed to endure and move forward! She’s had many health issues (physical and mental) that have not kept her from having a rewarding, productive, and fulfilling life!
- Julie is the proud grandmother of EIGHT grandchildren! She loves her grandchildren and devotes so much of her time, attention and love to them. I am perpetually in awe of her ability to do so much and to give so much. And her love for them is so unconditional, so constant and so real!
Mom, I just want you to know (and everyone else who may be reading this) that I love you so much! I am so proud to have you as my mother, as my friend! You have done so much for me, for Josh, Jaimee, Jordan and Dad. There would be no way to repay you, but I wish I could! I am grateful for your example, your talents, your love and your testimony!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! You mean the world to me!








Your mom rocks!
ReplyDeleteI wish we lived closer so my family could spend more time with your mom.
Awesome blog post Jer! We are both momma's boys!
Love those pictures!
ReplyDeleteJeremy
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics, I enjoy your Blogs, Hug sis for me. We were all talking about her at Garretts birthday which she shares with him.
Wish I were closer.
Aunt Margo