In the fall of 1989 my dad was transferred by Sears to Greeley, Colorado. It was a difficult move for all of us, as we had all grown to love our beautiful home in Rigby; we’d made many friends and we’d had a special, secluded life in this little town. And now we were moving to a much bigger city in an entirely new state.
I remember that I used to get the name of the city incorrect when I’d tell friends about the move, calling it “Greeney” or “Greenly” (no doubt because I love the color green!) Moving to Colorado, transitioning to a new state, a bigger city, a new school - the experience was difficult. But on the plus side my family and I moved to a beautiful new home, beautiful in a completely different way from the Rigby house.
You can't tell by this picture, but trust me, the house is PINK!!
The Greeley home was very modern, compared to the Rigby home; the color alone (PINK!) made the house stand apart from the others on our street, and yet, it looked really good, really stylish. The inside of the house was very modern as well and there were some awesome features.
There was a special vacuum system, where every room had a plug in the wall where you could attach a vacuum hose, so you didn’t have to cart around a big ol’ vacuum cleaner. Speaking of the rooms, each bedroom had its own sink. I felt like I was staying in a hotel room!
I told you it was PINK!!
The backyard of the house included a nice, shaded porch area, which was a great place to have BBQs and parties. The backyard was large enough for us to set up a badminton net (very reminiscent of the Orem backyard) or play croquet.
After living in this house for six years my dad was transferred to Colorado Springs, so he moved there with my mom and Jordan; Josh, Jaimee and I moved into our own apartment in Greeley. But that’s another story.
Anyway, I loved the Greeley house! It was so different from the previous houses, but just like the previous houses it had its own personality, its own character.


No comments:
Post a Comment