Monday, October 4, 2010

Sibling Revelry: “Put On Your Sunday Clothes”

Day 123

There were many different pictures of me and my siblings dressed up in our ‘Sunday Best’, so this blog post was easy for me to do. I love the fact that no matter what age we were, or whether we were getting along with each other (or on the verge of fighting) we always looked good when we were dressed up. There is probably a spiritual reason why we always looked happy, well-behaved and dressed to impress, in that we were always dressed up like this when going to church.


This first picture has my parents cropped out - not on purpose, but because the picture was damaged across the top. But it works out anyway because this post is about me and my siblings. This was taken in front of our house in Orem. I’m not sure of the year, but I’d guess it was either ‘80 or ‘81. Anyway, I think we all look quite nice, considering the fashions of the time (Josh’s tie looks…busy!)


Another picture taken in Orem, this time at the fireplace. Jaimee looks absolutely adorable (she is so photogenic!); Josh is now wearing my suit from the previous photo and looks quite distinguished; and I’m wearing the “brown” look, right down to my cowboy boots (because I didn’t know how to tie shoelaces!); and now Jordan is a part of our family - he looks a little worried that I might drop him, and could you blame him for feeling that way? I certainly had a lot to learn about the proper ways of holding a baby!


OK, so while we’re not exactly distinguished and reverent like the in previous photos we still look happy and loving towards each other! This is a favorite picture of mine, taken when my family visited Nauvoo, Illinois in June of 1994. We’re finally at an age when we genuinely like each other and like being with each other! This just makes me smile and feel love and gratitude for my siblings! This is true revelry!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these posts. I am so grateful for you and Josh and Jordan! I love my siblings! I love that last picture... Jordan's look is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete