Monday, October 11, 2010

Sibling Revelry: “On The Couch”

Day 130

It’s time again for more memorable photos of me with my siblings and today’s connection is the couch. Like the fireplace, the couch is a popular location for a picture to be taken, especially when it is a group shot.


I like this picture of me and Josh - it was taken in 1976. First of all, that couch is so…um, well, I can’t really describe it. My family had this couch (and matching chair) for many, many years. I don’t want to call it ‘ugly’ because it was very stylish for the time, but I wouldn’t go out and buy one like this today! I’m just saying… Anyway, I love how Josh and I look in this picture, like we’re both thinking “c’mon already, get on with it and take the dang picture!


This picture was taken out on our deck in the Orem house. This particular couch was kept outside (and consequently was perpetually dusty) - I remember hitting the arms of the couch and watching huge dust clouds rise up! Back to the picture…I love the three of us sitting together, in summer clothes, with Josh and I in matching tank tops. And doesn’t Jaimee have the cutest smile/pose you’ve ever seen. She looks like she’s just shrugging, as if to say “oh, I just can’t help being cute!” Melts my heart!!


Finally, a couch photo with Jordan! And what a smile he has!! This picture was taken in our living room in the Orem house, and the couch was relatively new. I loved it because of all the green (as green is my favorite color) and there was a matching love seat and armchair. Josh and I seem to have matching eyeglasses - I can see now why some people used to think we were twins. Weird, huh?


And now we’re all together!! This was taken in our living room in Rigby, Idaho and the couch was part of the new furniture our parents got when we moved into this house. [Fun fact: when I was living in an apartment years ago I had this couch!] Anyway, here we are, all ready for school. Notice how Josh, Jordan and I are wearing jean jackets (so ’80s!) and Jaimee is rocking a great ensemble - love those boots! I think we’re a good-looking group of kids here!

No comments:

Post a Comment