Day 264
Here’s another random blog post: One of my favorite scenes from the movie Ghost is when Whoopi Goldberg’s character Oda Mae is at the bank with Sam (Patrick Swayze), attempting to close an account and she asks the bank employee “can I keep this pen?” As I remembered this scene I got the inspiration to do a post about some of the pens I have collected over the years. These aren’t your ordinary, everyday pens, though:
I bought this pen when I was growing up in Orem, Utah. I remember that someone in the neighborhood was selling these pens that had been specifically crafted/made. And I still have it all these years later, although I’m not sure why. I’m not knocking or criticizing this pen - it is definitely distinctive - I just don’t see myself using it at work or in church anytime soon.
When I was employed at McDonald’s I got a lot of free stuff, including this pen, which I believe I got when I was first hired. It’s a decent-looking pen, but what’s up with the jump rope attached to the lid?!
A year ago I got this pen from Jordan and Erin. They had visited this cool Peeps store and bought me a pen and a mouse pad, because they know how much I love Peeps! I have a slight addiction when it comes to Peeps - it’s one of my favorite Easter candies, second only to Crème Eggs!
During a team meeting at my job this past year I got this “Barrel Of Monkeys” pen! It’s rather impractical but still really cool! You can take the lid off and play with the little monkeys, just like the old Barrel Of Monkeys game.
This pen was one of the “swag” items I got while at the 2011 Sears Hometown Celebration. I’m glad I have this pen, as it is a reminder of the fun time I had in Orlando with my parents, Jordan and Erin.

No comments:
Post a Comment