It should come as no great shock that I love movies - just look at some of the posts on this blog! But my obsession with movies goes beyond just the movies themselves. I have a large collection of movie-themed books and I also have a collection of movie posters.
These were the first full-sized posters I purchased!
As a huge Star Wars fan I just had to have these!
In keeping with a George Lucas theme I got this poster!
My brother Jordan was the one who got me started with collecting movie posters. Years ago we used to order posters online and then we would frame the posters and hang them up on the wall in the basement of our house.
I used to shop at a movie memorabilia store in Castle Rock, and it was here that I was able to purchase many classic movie posters, posters of some of my favorite movies. When I lived in my own apartment I had these posters on the walls of the living room. It was my way of making the place my own, of putting my stamp on it. These days, though, I prefer to keep these posters on display in a nice little area of my room. I think this is more classy and subdued.
In addition to purchasing movie posters online or in a store I would also find copies of movie posters in books and magazines and I would clip them. Then I decided to put them all on display at my desk at work. If that doesn’t convince people of my obsession then I don’t know what will! I received a lot of compliments from my co-workers on my collection and I think it is a clever decorating idea, although on the verge of being fanatical!

I have the original Star Wars Trilogy posters as well. What is strange is that each one of mine are different than yours.
ReplyDelete