Day 257
I found two pictures of me and a sandbox and I immediately remembered something we used to do as kids: one kid would say “I one the sandbox”, then the next kid would say “I two the sandbox”, then the next would say “I three the sandbox” and so on and so forth, until a kid would say “I eight the sandbox” and then all of the kids would laugh and say “You ATE the sandbox?!” Totally random, I know.
Anyway, this first picture is of me playing in the sandbox in the backyard of our house in Caldwell. Now this may seem crazy, but I actually remember what I was doing in this picture: I was pretending to make a cake, which is why I had the little pan in the sandbox, and I found a long ribbon that I laid out on the top, pretending that it was frosting. That’s me, using the ol' imagination!
This second picture is quite touching because it has me, Josh and Jaimee with Grandpa Case. This was in our backyard in Orem in our original sandbox. I like that we have this picture of us with our Grandpa Case. Anyway, Me and my siblings loved to play in the sandbox, building forts and castles, or else hiding and then digging out toys. Or we would tuck in our shirt, fill it up with sand, and then pull out our shirt and let the sand fall out. Just one of those silly things we would do in the summer.
I wish we had a picture of the new sandbox my dad built for us in Orem, because it was so big and cool! There was a roof we could climb up on, via a ladder also built by my dad that was attached to the roof; we could look out on the neighborhood, and because of the roof the sandbox area was shaded from the sun, so it was an especially cool (temperature-wise) place to play! I know my family has a picture of it somewhere - I just need to find it!


I have a picture and I'm emailing it to you right now!! I immediately thought of 'I ate the sandbox' when I read your post title!!
ReplyDelete