Sunday, February 6, 2011

Florida 2011: Yowsah Yowsah Yowsah!

Day 248

Thursday January 27th was me and my family’s 1st full day in Orlando, Florida, and it was the official start date of the 2011 SEARS Hometown Celebration.



The highlight of this day was the banquet dinner held in the large convention area. It was a formal dinner, so everyone was “dressed to the nines” (whatever that means!) and my parents, Jordan and Erin all looked so sophisticated!


I cleaned up all right, too, I guess. Or maybe I just looked good because I was surrounded by some of the best-looking people at this banquet dinner.


The banquet hall was decorated so nicely, with huge glass vases as centerpieces, blue lights that illuminated the ceiling. The dinner was prepared courtesy the famous chef Nick Stellino and it was a delicious four course meal! My favorite part of the meal was this amazingly tasty chicken soup; it was so good that I helped myself to Jordan’s serving when he passed on it! Yum!

Following the dinner was the entertainment for the night: a magic show!! The last magic show I attended was back in ‘09 in Las Vegas and it was anything but a magical experience - a real let down. But this magic show was magical and then some! A truly amazing, stupendous show, with an extremely talented, charismatic magician named Drew Thomas (he was a finalist on America’s Got Talent). He put on an outstanding show!

The memorable MC from the previous night’s event was back as our host, keeping us entertained. This MC has been at the past 5 Hometown Celebrations and he would always introduce a key word that he would use throughout the festivities, and he would get everyone else to shout the word. Well, this year the chosen word was…YOWSAH! So throughout this night (and the following nights) our wild and crazy MC would yell “Yowsah!” and we would respond in kind. Very memorable!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very cool! Glad you had fun. And now I gotta look up the origin of "dressed to the nines"! Thanks alot! :)

    ReplyDelete