Monday January 31st - After spending a few hours at Animal Kingdom my family and I made our way to another part of Disney World: Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Now, I had been here before with Jordan and Erin back in ‘08, so I was very excited about being here again. I had so much fun here the last time, and it was my favorite place in Disney World.
Hands Up!
Once inside Hollywood Studios the five us went on a ride - The Tower of Terror! All five of us rode this, including my mom, who was very nervous and worried but still agreed to give it a chance. She was scared, but she survived it! Way to go! Meanwhile, Dad liked it and rode again with me, Jordan and Erin (Mom took a pass). This is my favorite ride at Disney World and it was fun to be able to experience it with my parents, Jordan and Erin.
The next ride Jordan, Erin and I went on was the Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster. Since I was conquering my fear of roller coasters on this trip I was very excited about going on this ride. There didn’t seem to be a very long wait for the ride, as the line moved along at a quick pace. But then there was a sudden halt, and we found ourselves waiting and waiting for several minutes. I wasn’t accustomed to this, having been spoiled by previous experiences of brief wait time. I guess I shouldn’t have taken it for granted.
The hold up on the ride was “technical difficulties” but soon the issues were resolved and the three of us went on this wild ride, jamming to the tunes of Aerosmith! Awesome!!
Jordan, waiting in line for Toy Story Midway Mania
The parents sat out on this ride, but they joined us for a back lot tour and a fantastic stunt car show. And then we all went on a new ride at Hollywood Studios called Toy Story Midway Mania: it’s the game you ride, the ride you play (or something like that). Here’s the concept: you sit in a little car that takes you on twists and turns through a shooting gallery, where you use a little launcher to shoot at the various targets. And it’s all in 3-D, so you wear these glasses throughout the ride. It ended up being a really fun ride, although I had a very low score compared to the rest of the family.
In the evening we left Hollywood Studios and went out to dinner at - wait for it - Planet Hollywood (surprise, surprise). Hey, it fit with the theme of the day! I have eaten at Planet Hollywood on many occasions and I always enjoy it. I love the whole atmosphere, seeing so many cool items/props/costumes from an array of movies. The dinner was pricey but good, and it was a perfect way to wrap up this “Hollywood” adventure!



Color me jealous! Sounds like a great end to a blah start kind of day! :)
ReplyDelete