Saturday, February 5, 2011

Florida 2011: You Are The Star

Day 247

Love those Florida palm trees!

Get ready for several different posts about my recent trip to Orlando, Florida - it was an awesome vacation and I had a blast! Today’s post is about my first day in Orlando.


The main purpose of this trip to Orlando was to attend the 2011 SEARS Hometown Celebration, which is a special event for owners of the SEARS hometown stores (my dad and my brother Jordan are owners of the SEARS hometown store here in Colorado Springs).


This celebration/convention was from January 26th to January 29th and all of the attendees stayed at The Gaylord Palms, a fantastic hotel! There was an atrium inside the hotel and our rooms overlooked it! We had a great view! After checking into the hotel my parents, Jordan, Erin and I took a nice long walk around the hotel.



Me, standing on the balcony of the hotel room

Later that night we went to the main convention area, which was all decked out with signs that read “You Are The Star” - in essence this was a celebration for all Hometown store owners.



There was a huge buffet in the main dining area. Loud music, a very memorable MC, games/activities and a live band! Let the celebration begin! And everyone was celebrated and made to feel like a star.


My parents and I performed in one of those PopNoggins music videos - the song was “December 1963 (Oh What A Night)” and we looked so silly! But it was great fun!


Jordan and I posed for some funny snapshots in a photo booth. I loved these photos of us!


Erin, Dad, Mom and Jordan standing in our hotel's elevator

It was a great first day in Orlando, Florida and a great kick-off to the vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures!! I can't wait to see the rest of them!!!

    ReplyDelete