Sunday, February 20, 2011

“…you’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile”

Day 262

Blue moments - those times when you feel de-energized, deflated, dejected and just plain depressed. I had a few “blue moments” this past week and there was a point when I didn’t even feel like posting on my blog. As I sat at my computer, unmotivated and uninspired, I found a few more pictures I had scanned and they just seemed to be the perfect remedy to my blahs.




These pictures are of yours truly, as a baby, and the theme is “smiles.” I love these pictures and not because I’m vain and think that I was such a beautiful baby (although I don’t think anyone would disagree with that, right?!) What I love most is the smile. For me, seeing a baby’s smile has a profound affect on me and my attitude. It reminds me of the simple and things in life; it reminds me of goodness and purity that can exist in the most evil of times; and it snaps me out of my melancholy mood, my depression daze, my pity party.

And this reminded me of the beautiful, timeless Charlie Chaplin song “Smile.” Seeing the pictures and listening to the song helped me get over my blue moments; and yes, I am smiling at this very moment! It works! And life really is worthwhile!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures totally put a smile on my face too!! I'm sorry you've had some blue days... but glad you still posted!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling is the miracle cure for the "blues" !

    Anytime you need to see a little kid's smile, just call and I'm sure one of our 6 kids will be smiling and we can run 'em on over to cheer you up. Heck, even if they aren't smiling, they sure will be when they see their Uncle Jeremy!

    You rock brother! Keep it up ... you're doing great with your daily blogging!

    ReplyDelete