Living in Colorado Springs for many years I’ve become acquainted with some of the tourist spots and points of interest around these parts. There’s Pike’s Peak, Seven Falls, Cave of the Winds, the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame, the Olympic Training Center and…the Royal Gorge Bridge.
The Royal Gorge Bridge is a fantastic place to visit and I’ve been there twice. The first time I went there was on Saturday May 18th 1996, with my family and the Costley family (dear, close friends of ours, visiting from Utah).
The bridge is amazing, because when the winds start blowing the bridge seems to sway, and yet it is so sturdy and strong that you feel completely safe. The view from the bridge is absolutely breathtaking; to see the beautiful water flowing down below, then to see the glorious mountains and ridges all around, and then lastly to see the clear, deep blue sky up above. It’s quite the experience! There is also an “elevator” you can ride in to go all the way down to the bottom of the gorge that is a lot of fun!
Jordan, Mom, Me and cousins McKay and Sam Anhder
My second visit to the Royal Gorge Bridge was only a few weeks later, on Saturday June 8th. This time my family and I went there with my mom’s brother Kurt and his family (also visiting us from Utah). Even though I’d been here before I still got a charge out of walking along the bridge, riding down to the bottom of the gorge.
In just a few weeks the price went from $10.50 to $11.00!
Talk about inflation!!
I thoroughly enjoyed this experience of taking a friendly stroll on a bridge, a simple walk with an incredible view!





No comments:
Post a Comment