Technically, yesterday was my sister-in-law Erin’s birthday, but yesterday was also my parents’ anniversary, so I decided to do a post on the anniversary first. No offense, but I gotta give props to the people who brought me into this world! But now I can offer a tribute to my dear, sweet sister-in-law.
Erin Elizabeth Dixon joined the Case family in 2005 when she married my youngest brother Jordan on November 16th 2005. And she was a wonderful addition to the family! I was so happy that Jordan found such a beautiful, spirited, intelligent, worthy eternal companion. Jordan found the true, everlasting happiness of marriage with Erin and I am so grateful for that. Jordan is my brother and one of my best friends and I’ve always wanted him to be happy, satisfied, nourished and supported and he has all of that with Erin.
Progressive Year End Event - November 17th 2007
I’ve been fortunate to spend a lot of time with Erin and Jordan, and even though I felt like a “third wheel” I have always been treated with genuine love and affection by Erin and Jordan, and I appreciate that! We’ve gone bowling, to the movies, to IT’Z, to the Alpine Slide, to Vail; and on two occasions we three attended the Year End Event for my job. I’ve had some truly fun and memorable times hanging out with Erin and Jordan.
Ta-Dah!! Erin and I in Orlando, Florida - January 2008
I have had the privilege of going to Orlando and Las Vegas (twice) with Erin and Jordan, and these have been some of the best vacations I have ever had in my life. I realize that not every wife would support or encourage the idea of having a brother-in-law essentially invade her vacation with her husband, but Erin has been the exception and I know how rare and precious that is!
Erin has brought so much to our family, but the one thing that stands out most is her love of playing board games. She has introduced several board games that have become wildly popular with our entire family, such as Settlers of Catan, Wackee Six and Ticket To Ride. She is a fantastic game player, winning so many times that we decided to start keeping track of every one's wins with our Case Championship Chart (which she created for us!)
Happy Birthday Erin! I love you and am grateful that you are a part of the Case family! (And I’m also glad that you, like me, have the distinction of having a July birthday - July birthdays RULE!!)

Awesome post on our awesome sister-in-law! Love you, love her!!! :)
ReplyDelete