One of my favorite places to eat out at is a local restaurant called The Indigo Bar & Grill; originally it was named Indigo Joe’s, but management changed and as a result the name of the place changed. My affinity with this place might have to do with the name, since I live in the Indigo Ranch Ward. But there are other reasons.
One reason is that it is a favorite place for my family. It is often a difficult task in choosing a restaurant that everyone can agree on, but the family almost always agrees on eating out at The Indigo. Needless to say my family has enjoyed many a meal here.
Jordan took all of the pictures here! Thanks bro!!
Speaking of meals the food is quite good and just about everyone in the family has their own favorite dish (mine is the chicken tenders). And while the menu items changed with the name and management, I still get my usual.
Another reason The Indigo is a favorite place to eat is because of the service. We have some servers who know us on sight and remember our favorite foods and drinks and always provide us fantastic service! They visit with us, are attentive and alert to our needs and add a special touch to their service. I often feel like a VIP because of their service!
Because my family and I go so often to The Indigo my parents have a frequent diner’s card and we earn points upon each visit and consequently earn coupons. And this month I received a coupon for my birthday and my parents received a coupon for their anniversary.
It's time for the Lunchtime Trivia!!
All these things are definite pluses, but for me the one that tops them all can be summed up in one word: TRIVIA! There are numerous trivia games that can be played while at the restaurant, and you can play along using one of their “playmakers” and watching the TV provided at the table to see the questions. This is a great way to pass the time while waiting for the food to be prepared and presented, and it is also a great way to bond as a family; everyone helps everyone with the answers.
The scoreboard!! And look who's in the lead...why it's ME!!
But there is also a friendly competition with these trivia games, and I will be the first to admit that I play to win, to get my name at the top of the leader board. Speaking of names, my parents and I have our own “player names” - mine is based on an anagram of my name: JAMES E RYCE, so I go by J RYCE. Dad is GERLAD (an inside joke about his first name Gerald) and Mom is WINNIE.
No!!! It's a new game and this time I've been defeated by my brother!!
The trivia questions range from pop culture to history to sports to literature to geography; something for everyone. And I love to play! It is such a fun, rewarding experience.





J Ryce Rules!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's what every restaurant needs while you wait for your food. That sounds like a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete