Saturday, July 3, 2010

“Twi-hard” Twice In One Week

Day 30




I had the opportunity to see the same movie twice in one week, but with different members of my family. The movie: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. I am not ashamed to admit that I am a “Twi-hard”; I’ve seen the movies and read all of the books; I belong to “Team Edward”, meaning that I feel that Bella and Edward make the perfect couple--sorry Jacob! But as for being a male fan of this series I have my own team: Team Alice! When it comes to choosing a vampire that I would want to be turned by, married to forever Alice is the One! She is so beautiful, so amazing, so talented, so….[sigh]

Jordan and Erin at DisneyWorld - January 2008
Sorry, I kind of went into a daze there. What I want to focus on now is seeing the same movie with different members of my family. On Wednesday I saw Eclipse with my brother Jordan and his wife Erin. We got to the movies together quite often and I love going with them. We always have a great time and we always have a lot to say after seeing a movie. Even when the movie ends up being a colossal waste of time or a big disappointment I still enjoy the time with Jordan and Erin.

I swiped this beautiful picture of Jaimee from her Facebook photo album!
Yesterday I had the opportunity to see Eclipse again, only this time it was with my sister Jaimee, and this was a special treat because she doesn’t get many opportunities to go to the movies, being a mother of two little kids. In fact, I don’t remember the last time I went to a movie with just Jaimee, but suffice it to say that it has been a long, long time.

Jaimee is a big “Twi-hard’ like me and I was so glad that we could go to this movie together and have this bonding experience. Last week I had posted a blog about what it felt like going to dinner and a movie all by myself, and I admitted that it was a very lonely experience. This week was the exact opposite, because I had someone with me, sitting next to me in the theater, making comments about the movie during and after, laughing and joking in the car with me on the way to and from the theater.

This week would have been absolutely perfect if I had seen a movie with my brother Josh and my parents. Then the circle would be complete. Nonetheless, I still had a great time seeing the same movie twice, but with different family members. Thanks to Jordan, Erin and Jaimee for making it a great experience!

P.S. Eclipse was awesome and, in my “Twi-hard” opinion, the best of the series!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SOOO much for going with me! It was awesome seeing this with you... and I agree, definitely the best movie of the series! I had so much fun, we need to do that more often! :) Love you, Jem!

    ReplyDelete