Tuesday, August 24, 2010

“As If I Never Said Goodbye”

Day 82


How cool is this? I got "swag" on my first day of work!

Sometimes you CAN go home again. I found that out today when I started my new job at Progressive Insurance. Then again, ‘new’ is not necessarily an accurate term, as I had previously worked at Progressive for over 7 years. But I am in a training class with four other people, and there will be more people joining the class over the next few weeks. I’m just part of the first “wave” of trainees.

I don't like feeling like I am a "temporary" employee, so I hope
I get my permanent ID soon!

Anyway, I arrived at the Progressive Call Center promptly at 8:30, went to the security desk and got my temporary ID, and then I met up with the rest of the training class and the two trainers. I recognized both trainers and they recognized me, so it was a nice, warm reunion. Throughout the day I came in contact with many familiar faces and was recognized by all of them. It felt very reassuring to me and made the first day less scary and intimidating.

Our class was given a tour of the building, of the floors and of the exterior, and I was able to enjoy seeing all of these familiar places. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn’t just yesterday that I used to work here, that in fact it has been over a year!! But because it was all so familiar, so comfortable, so much a part of me that I truly feel like it was as if I never said goodbye to Progressive, to this beautiful building and to all of the wonderful people working inside of it day after day!

All I can say now is that I’m home again! I’m back where I belong!

3 comments:

  1. Glad your first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you! glad it is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back brother! Hope you enjoyed the hot dogs from Ellen! :)

    ReplyDelete