Jason with Erin at Sears (on the day of the inventory)
For the past few days my family has had a relative staying with us, my first cousin (once removed) Jason Jensen. His mother, Janine, is my cousin on my dad’s side of the family. It should be known that my dad’s side of the family is full of wonderful, practically exalted people! And Jason is one of them!
He has spent a great amount of time with my dad, learning about the mortgage broker business and I know that this has been beneficial for Jason, but it has probably been more beneficial for my dad. He has been able to talk about/educate/promote/explain something that he is truly passionate about, and Jason has been very receptive.
Jason has been a lot of fun to hang out with, and at times he reminds me so much of my brother Jordan; in fact, I sometimes think that these two were separated at birth. They are so much alike in so many ways.
Matteah is clearly enamored with Jason...aww, how cute!!
Matteah was able to sit next to Jason when we had a big
pizza dinner to watch cousin Liz Case on "Wipeout!"
All of us having a good ol' time (and check out Matteah!!)
Jason has certainly made an impact on the family, particularly my niece Matteah. When Jason met Matteah, she suddenly got very shy, but also a bit coquette-ish. She’d tuck her chin in, tilt her head and smile modestly (it would make anyone’s heart melt to witness this!) Matteah quickly developed a crush on Jason, and he was so nice and sweet to her (as a first crush should be!)
Jason was certainly a good sport about being the object of the affections of a 4 year-old! But he was also a good sport when it came to playing games (a big obsession with my family!) He was practically thrown into several different games, and often he would be playing them for the first time, trying to understand the rules/strategies. But he is a fast learner and even won when we played Hand and Foot (good job!!)
There is no doubt in my mind that Jason has become welcomed and permanently added as a member of our immediate family and I hope that he will continue to visit us! Thank you Jason!! This has been a very memorable, fun-filled visit! I think I can speak for my entire family when I say that we hope you come visit us again soon, like on the 11th (for the BYU game…hint, hint!!)
LOVED the pictures! And I agree, Jason is an awesome guy! I had so much fun with you guys when we got to hang out! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteGood blog brother ... so sad we missed you guys for the big pizza party to celebrate Liz. Maybe next time.
ReplyDelete