Day 85
I felt like doing a new theme for my Friday blog posts, so this time I am going to focus on family portraits; my family has certainly had a fair share of them, and for the most part the pictures turn out great. As I was preparing for these specific posts I scanned several different family portraits, and most of them are from the last decade. It was cool to see how the family evolved from just a few people to a group (as you will see down the road!)
Anyway, this portrait was taken in October 1976 (according to my mom’s handwriting on the back of the picture), when we lived in Caldwell, Idaho. Based on the clothes we were wearing in this picture I don’t doubt that the year is correct. Josh was born on September 17th 1976 so he’s about a month old here, and yet he looks like he is at least SIX months old! Regardless, he’s absolutely adorable!
Next, notice my pose and expression in this picture. What’s up with that? I look very shy, almost frightened, and I have my left hand up slightly, like I’m trying to wave. I have no memory of this experience (after all, I was only 2 at the time!) so I don’t know what the deal was. Dig those pants I’m wearing…no wonder I look frightened!
I love my dad’s sideburns (nice lamb chops there, Dad!) and his corduroy suit jacket. So handsome. And my mom is wearing a nice little ensemble there that reminds me of Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch.
Sadly, my sister Jaimee could not be in this picture (she was still waiting her turn to come to earth…and I think my mom found out she was pregnant with Jaimee two months later!) and we had to wait a few more years for Jordan to join our family.

LOVED this post!! I'm excited to see your Friday posts with our family pictures... although I know there are a few I'll dread seeing! Love you so much Jem!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. It's fun to see pictures of you guys when you were little! I see some of Josh now in Myra because of that picture. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I want dad's tie! Sweet! And what's up with the freakin' flowers on my shoes?! I was already grossly overweight and now she's trying to make me gender-non-specific?! :)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the next bunch of Fridays!