While I have kept a regular, daily journal since I was 14 years old, I had a few instances earlier in life when I attempted to keep a journal. I have one little notebook that contains a sole entry, and it was from exactly 26(!) years ago today…
Here it is, in its entirety, completely unvarnished (and unedited). Please keep in mind that I was a mere ten year-old child (still learning how to spell words and use proper grammar) and don’t judge me too harshly :
Saturday 6:20 p.m.
Dear Diary
School will be starting next week. The day before it is back to school nite. We get to see who are teachers are. I hope I get Mr’s. C. or Mr. Cornish. I don’t want Mr. Rogerson - Why? because he’s to strict. Well thats what everybody says. My friends havent been playing with me. Emily 1st friend says Shalayne 2nd friend doesn’t like me. She just pretends to like me. And I said I knew it! Well my best friend Chad invited me to slumber party! Well it got boring at first but then we went to classic skateing it was fun then we came home and wached the movie KRULL it was neat. We also had cake and went to bed. In the morning we went to Mcdonalds for breakfast then we went home. Well I have to go
Sincerly
Jeremy
Case
Yikes!! My spelling was terrible (wached?), my grammar was poor (hello, run-on sentences!) and I actually used the word ‘neat’ to describe a cool, sci-fi movie! But on the positive side I was impressed with my cursive penmanship. To this day I write in cursive when I write in my journal. I suppose old habits die hard, eh?


"Well I have to go"
ReplyDeleteI love that I am not the only one that "talks" to my journal. It is so awesome to see these archives. ;)
Absolutely LOVE that you signed it 'Sincerly' Too cute! This was an awesome post!
ReplyDelete