Day 73
I was ordained an
Elder in the
Melchizedek Priesthood while living in Greeley, Colorado, on
October 25th 1992. I am posting on my blog about this now because I don’t want to interrupt the flow - I’ve been posting about each ordination for the past few weeks, and this is the last.
I have a more thorough, positive journal entry about my experience with being ordained to the office of Elder (
unlike my journal entry from when I was ordained a Priest). This is from
Volume 9: September 13th 1992 - March 23rd 1993:
“Hello, Elder” (this was the title for my journal entry)
10:30pm - It’s been a little difficult adjusting to the new mountain standard time, of course that is to be expected. This is, after all, the first day since we “fell back an hour”, which means my biological clock thinks it’s 11:30. I wonder what tomorrow will be like. By the way, I was wrong about this causing us to lose an hour. We really gain an hour, it’s just the way you look at it. Anyway, I wised up this Sunday, this particular Sunday and got ready early. There was no way I was gonna be late today. What was so important? Well, I was on my way to a new phase, a very important phase. I was going to receive the most powerful and spiritual blessing I have ever received. The highest priesthood - the Melchizedek Priesthood. During Elder’s quorum, Dad confirmed me in front of Mom, Jaimee and the quorum. I became an Elder, which is quite a gift/blessing. I can now bless the afflicted, confirm members and bless newborns. While being very uplifting, being an Elder is also a little scary. There’s a lot of responsibilities that come with this. I just hope I can do my best.
"Congrats I knew you'd make it" ... That was my journal entry from back then or at least it would have been if I ever really kept a journal. :)
ReplyDelete