Day 74
Here it is, countdown time: in one week I’ll be back to the workforce, back to the daily grind, back to the “ol’ salt mines”, back on the “chain gang” (so to speak). I will finally be getting off my lazy butt and I will start earning a living (and start replenishing my dwindling savings/checking accounts). I am so glad to be returning to Progressive, my old stomping ground, and I am very fortunate that they have hired me back. I’m also fortunate that I remember enough about the job itself, the guidelines, the practices, etc. that I don’t feel too overwhelmed or worried. But I am still nervous and I do worry.
Will I be able to discipline myself into getting up early each morning, to work from 8:30am to 7pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays? Will I be able to pick up where I left off, be able to catch on to things and sail through the training? Will I be a good fit with the company, with my co-workers, with my supervisors? Most importantly, will I remember how to work, how to do the job and how to do it well?
I’m sorry that I am sort of rambling here, but this is quite helpful for me. I like being able to put my thoughts down somewhere: either on the pages of my journal, or on this blog as a post. It helps me to focus on what I am thinking or worrying about, to vent my concerns or frustrations, and in the process I am able to.
Anyway, life truly is good! I am blessed to have this opportunity to work at a place I love, with people that are great, with ideal working conditions and generous benefits and offers. For this next week, my last week of freedom, I will try and enjoy myself. Soon I won’t be able to sleep in late, won’t be able to stay up late and will have to be on a more appropriate schedule. For now, though, I’ll be living it up!!

Is your training the same schedule? I am very excited for you and let's live it up this week!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou'll do great!
ReplyDeleteIt will be great to be related to a Case that works at Progressive again. Now all that's left is for Jaimee to come back and I will have started before each of you and lasted to see y'all come back after a hiatus. :)
ReplyDelete