Day 89
One year ago today I left on a trip to Las Vegas with my parents, my brother Jordan and his wife Erin. This was such a fun mini-vacation, a somewhat impromptu excursion that ended up being one of the best trips I’ve ever taken!
This was actually my 2nd trip to Vegas in one year, and it was my 2nd time staying at Planet Hollywood, a fantastic hotel! Of all of us, it was yours truly who ended up getting the nicest room--a suite--and I have no idea how I managed that! Did I offer my suite to my married sibling or my parents? Heck no!!
During our stay at Planet Hollywood my parents and I enjoyed a delicious meal at a little restaurant inside the hotel. Pricey? Yes. But the service was impeccable!
On Wednesday September 2nd the family and I went to “The Secret Garden” and saw some exotic animals, like sea lions, white tigers and a rathe--ahem!--amorous dolphin. The less said about the latter the better! Suffice it to say that I will never look at “Flipper” the same way again! Ever!!
That evening Jordan, Erin and I went to see Lance Burton, one of the popular magician acts in Vegas. This was my first magic show…so how was it? Eh…it was OK, but really just a lot of smoke and mirrors. Magic schmagic!
Of course, what trip to Vegas would be complete without some good ol’ fashioned gambling. OK, I know that it isn’t recommended or encouraged to gamble, but I still did a little gambling, mostly just playing the 5 cent slot machines. The hotel provided the family and I individual players cards, which could be used with the slot machines. The more you played, the more points you earned. The only problem is that playing a lot means losing a lot.
What made this trip to Vegas almost perfect was that everyone got along so well and we all had a great time! Everyone got to do and see the things they wanted to, and there weren’t any conflicts or differences of opinion. Now, I say it was almost perfect because having all of my family there would have been the best! Waking up in Vegas with the entire family at the same hotel, spending time in Vegas with the entire family…that's what I'm talking about!!





Maybe one of these years we can join you for an almost perfect Vegas Vacation ... it's just so hard to find the time and the money for 8 of us! :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you guys saw Lance Burton! We never saw him, but we did see a magic show at Ceasars Palace... and I agree... smoke and mirrors... magic schmagic! Love you!
ReplyDelete