Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Jordan!

Day 90


Jordan - 1996

Today is not only my brother Jordan’s birthday, but it is also the first day of a new month, and in my family September is known as the “birthday month.” Why? Because there are many birthdays celebrated in my family this month. Warning: expect many birthday posts on my blog!

But today is just about Jordan! And I wanted to post a few facts about my brother and best friend, so here we go…

Jordan - about 7 months old

- Jordan was born on 9/1/1981 at around 2-ish in the morning, in Provo, Utah. He weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce (eerie connection there, huh?)


- Jordan’s middle name was supposed to be ‘Daniel’, but apparently our dad misspelled the name as ‘Danial’ (which Jordan discovered years later when he was applying for a passport!) Yet Jordan has lovingly embraced his unique middle name and is such a good sport about it!

LOVE this picture of Jordan! Here he is acting like he is
conducting the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!

- Jordan served an LDS mission in France, and he worked in cities like Paris, Cherbourg, Chartres, and Argenteuil. He learned to speak French like it was his native language, and he worked very hard proclaiming the Gospel and performing the Lord’s work!

And now I’d like to dedicate the rest of this blog post to Jordan, with some special memories (and inside jokes!):

Jordan and I on my birthday - 1997
- Remember back in the day when we watched “TGIF” on ABC every Friday night! Two of a Kind? Teen Angel? Clueless (our ‘edited’ episodes)?

- Remember this? “Have you ever tried nerd love?” “Oh, I’m gonna be sick!

- Remember this? “M-m-m-aster, master…” Or how about “I’m the genie, of the Lamp!”?

- Remember “In BTTF III…”?

- Remember this? “And that’s how a power plant works.” “How?

- Remember how you insisted that when you were little and needed money to pay your tithing I lent the money to you? [FYI, I remember now and with the interest that has compounded you owe me…Just Kidding!]

- Remember how supportive you’ve always been to me?

Disney World - 2008
- Remember how you’ve always included me in fun vacations (to Vegas, Orlando, Vegas)?
- Remember what a great friend you’ve always been to me?

Jordan and I - 2001

- Remember how much I love and admire you?

Jordan, you’re my tallest youngest brother and I just want to say…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! With all my love and respect and admiration!!

2 comments:

  1. You learn something new everyday. I didn't know about the misspelling of his name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Jeremy!

    @ Jordan ... if you are reading this we need to talk ... about you wearing my letterman jacket while I was on my mission ... WTH little bro?! I totally trusted you! Ha ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete