Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sibling Revelry: “By The Fireplace”

Day 110


Most of the houses I’ve lived in have had a fireplace; and it seems like pictures were always being taken of me and my siblings by the fireplace, which is what today’s post is all about:


Me and my siblings are sitting in front of the fireplace in our home in Orem, Utah. I think the reason I’m not wearing glasses in this picture is because I accidentally broke them or got a scratch on the lens. Anyway, I love how Josh has his arms folded, Jaimee is just looking so cute and Jordan is staring off into space!


Another picture from the fireplace in Orem; this time I am wearing glasses--really big glasses (what was I thinking?) Josh is also wearing glasses and looks like he is getting ready to spring from the fireplace; Jaimee is sitting very proper and lady-like; and Jordan is looking totally adorable!


Here we are in our house in Rigby, Idaho. This fireplace was so cool because you could see through it into the other room. In this picture we are sitting on the side of the fireplace that faces the kitchen. Once again Josh looks like he is ready to leap from the spot; Jaimee is once again sitting proper and looks cute; Jordan is working the “bowl cut” hairdo; and I’m…well, at least I’m wearing better-sized glasses now.


This is the other side of the fireplace in our house in Rigby; this side faces out into the living room. We all look so nice, dressed up for church, and yet we’re all acting so silly and goofy. Josh looks like he is ready to launch an invisible bowling ball; Jaimee is cross-eyed and sitting…proper again!; Jordan is in the middle of a yell and I’m waving my arms for no apparent reason. Notice that I am standing in front of a walker--this picture was taken several months after my accident and I was learning how to walk again (more on that experience in a future post!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I loved that fireplace and the loft above it that Jordan got to live in. Super pics!

    And what WAS up with those dorky glasses? I seriously think mom and dad WANTED us to get beat up and/or picked on! It is a mircale we survived and became the suave handsome men we are today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say.... YOU weren't thinking anything with those glasses... that was all our parents! ;P Love you, Jem... Love these pictures... awesome post!

    ReplyDelete