Day 117
Today is my niece Savannah’s 5th birthday -- Happy Birthday!! They grow up so fast!! Anyway, here’s some excerpts from my journal entry written the day after she was born [taken from VOLUME 36: August 23rd 2005 - February 5th 2006]:
Thursday September 29th 2005,
11:58pm - Yesterday was all about one thing, a glorious thing - the birth of Savannah Joy Case, weighing in at 6 pounds 6 ounces. There had been some debate over the name for her, as it was a close call between Sydney and Savannah, but in the end Savannah was bestowed. Another daughter of the next generation of the Case family. A whole new legacy is taking part in this world, an addition to our impressive, blessed heritage. And tonight the whole family had the opportunity to be gathered together under one roof to celebrate…
…I’ve gained a new appreciation and respect for Karen when I learned that she came home tonight! Just 24 hours later and she’s back home! And when I saw Karen I was even more impressed with how active she was, as if she had given birth a month ago, not a day ago…
…Josh surprised us with the news that mother and daughter would be coming home tonight. It was decided we’d come to their house to see Savannah, rather than try to all visit at once at the hospital…
…Josh Jr. was holding Savannah, and he looked so adorable! He was on his absolute best behavior and clearly was proud of his sister. I told Josh that he was just like me, in the sense that he is the oldest of 4 siblings. Dad immediately started taking pictures of Savannah, and for once I was grateful he was taking so many pictures, because my camera wasn’t working…
…I was nervous when it was my turn to hold Savannah, but once she was in my arms my prior experience with Joshua, Benjamin and Brooklyn surfaced and I felt like an expert. Savannah is so beautiful, so small and so pink. A healthy color, a radiance and a reminder of all that is pure in the world. A reminder of the miracle that is life - never ceases to amaze me…
…Well, welcome to the world Savannah Joy!


No comments:
Post a Comment