Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sibling Revelry: “Just The Three Of Us”

Day 96


I recently scanned something like eleventy-billion (inside joke) pictures on my computer, to prepare for upcoming posts, and among these pictures were photos of me with my siblings. Some photos were serious/professional, but many of them were just fun and silly. I could see the joy, the revelry of me and my siblings, captured forever in a snapshot. Today’s post is devoted to pictures of me, Josh and Jaimee; for many years (before Jordan blessed us with his presence!) it was just the three of us:

This is one of the earliest pictures taken of the three of us. I love how each of us has our own expression/pose for the picture: Josh looks like he is either miffed about something, or he’s got some mischievous plan on the brain; Jaimee looks a little panicked, like ‘what the heck am I doing here in this family?’ or ‘who are these people?’; and as for me, I have to confess that I think I look absolutely adorable and handsome in this picture, holding my dear sister, in a perfect representation of what an eldest sibling should look like (gee, conceited much Jeremy?!)

Oh. My. Gosh. What in the world are we wearing? I think I just threw up a little in my mouth at the sight of those “suits” Josh and I are wearing! At least Jaimee looks “pretty in pink.” I like how Josh has his hand on Jaimee’s leg, while I am giving off a cheesy grin to match my cheesy ‘70s suit. This picture was taken in the kitchen/dining room of our home in Caldwell, Idaho, in February 1978 I believe.

This picture is appropriate to put at the end of this post because it shows the three of us waving ‘goodbye’ - it reminds me of the end of every episode of The Beverly Hillbillies, where the Clampetts wave goodbye to the camera - “y’all come back now, ya hear?” This picture was taken at the front porch of our home in Orem, Utah. Josh and Jaimee are wearing outfits sewed by our mom and they look great!

2 comments:

  1. Josh totally looks like he is up to something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet kids... what happened? Kidding... I kind of see some resemblance in Jace in Josh's face. It must be the innocent look and those mischievous eyes!

    ReplyDelete