Thursday, September 30, 2010

“You are my obsession, You’re my obsession” - James Bond

Day 119




Bond. James Bond. Agent 007. How many of us have wanted to be the ultimate super spy, the suave and sophisticated secret agent? I certainly have, and James Bond is my ideal when it comes to all of these attributes!

I was introduced to the fantastic, exciting world of 007 when I was 13 or 14. I watched my very first Bond movie one night - Goldfinger (which many fans, including myself, consider to be the best in the series!) and I was hooked! Licensed to Kill---Licensed to Thrill! I loved the whole genre and I soon began a quest to watch every James Bond movie!


And I completed my quest of watching all of the James Bond movies, which led to my next quest, to own all of the James Bond movies. Originally, I bought the complete set on VHS (mind you, this was before the time of DVDs); but when they were released on DVD I didn’t hesitate to get them!


And during these years new James Bond movies were being released in the theaters, so I had to buy those movies when they came out on DVD, right? And then a new DVD set of all of the 007 movies (up to the newly released Die Another Day) was released and I had to buy those!! Thanks a lot you capitalistic cruds!

I thought it was all over, that I was finally on top of having my collection complete when along comes…Blu Ray. For Christmas I was given Casino Royale on Blu-Ray, my only James Bond Blu Ray. It was all alone, how sad! What was I to do? You guessed it--start buying the 007 movies on Blu Ray, which were conveniently being released three at a time (again, thanks a bunch to those capitalistic cruds!)

Clearly, I have an obsession, although I am happy to say that I have things under control. I stopped buying the 007 movies on Blu Ray…of course, that was because I was unemployed and almost broke! Still, now that I am gainfully employed I haven’t had the urge to go out shopping to complete my collection (take that you capitalistic cruds!)

But my obsession has branched out. I created a James Bond/007 Trivia Scrapbook. Yep, I definitely have issues! I guess you could say that my brains have been “shaken, not stirred” - pun intended!

1 comment:

  1. One day we will have to have a James Bond marathon and debate which Bond girl was the hottest (for my money it was Solitare).

    ReplyDelete