Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Daniel!

Day 111



Today is my brother-in-law Daniel’s birthday! He joined our family when he married my sister Jaimee on August 29th 1998.


One of my fondest memories I have of Daniel is when I would hang out with Daniel and Jaimee over at their house, usually watching movies. Daniel introduced me to one of my favorite SCI-FI movies, The Matrix. He had seen it in the theater and raved about it. Being a movie fan I was curious about the movie, although I have to admit that I was initially very smug and prepared to just brush it off as a dumb action movie. Boy, was I wrong! I loved the movie, and for my next birthday Daniel and Jaimee gave me The Matrix on DVD. Awesome gift!

Jaimee and Daniel help celebrate my birthday

I spent a lot of time with Daniel and Jaimee and I appreciated being invited to do things with them, and the fact that I was not treated as a “third wheel” or an inconvenience when I would hang out with them.

In addition to watching movies we three would also play games, like UNO SPIN, which brought out the “healthy” competitive side in all of us. Jaimee and Daniel would always trounce me, but it was all in good fun. Another game that they would totally dominate me in was SCENE IT - SEINFELD edition: both Daniel and Jaimee are big fans of the show, and while I also consider myself a fan I do not have the same level of knowledge and wisdom that Daniel and Jaimee have! They are a powerhouse duo! I try hard not to be a sore loser, but it can be hard to accept my defeat and their superiority when it comes to this game!

Me and Daniel - Jordan and Erin's Wedding Day

One of the things that immediately comes to mind when I think of Daniel is his fantastic 4th of July celebrations! This holiday truly belongs to Daniel, and he does it up with such flair and finesse that no one can compete with him. He helps organize the whole shindig: he mans the BBQ grill, serves as a short-order cook, keeps things on schedule and sets the stage for an enthralling fireworks display! And I cannot forget the fact that he supplies the fireworks and always picks the most dazzling, spectacular, exciting fireworks. I will always think of Daniel when I think of the 4th of July!

Happy Birthday to my
Brother-in-Law Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment