Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Jaimee!

Day 95


Prom - 1994: I love this picture of my beautiful sister!

…And the “birthday month” continues with my sister Jaimee’s birthday!

So, today’s post is all about Jaimee Lyn Case Shepard, and here are some fun facts/memories/inside jokes about my kindred spirit sister:

Jaimee - one day old

- Jaimee was born in Nampa, Idaho on 09/06/1977, just 11 months and 10 days (I hope my math is right!) after my brother Josh was born. I guess she couldn’t wait to join our family - and it was high time we had a girl in the mix!

- Jaimee was diagnosed with Type I diabetes at the tender age of 12. She used to have to take daily shots of insulin, and then she was set up with an insulin pump; she has consistently tested her blood sugar, often several times each day!

Jaimee - 1986

- Jaimee learned to play the piano when she was a little girl, when we all lived in Orem, Utah. She is a fantastic piano player, just like our mom! She can play “Jessica’s Theme” from the movie The Man From Snowy River without the sheet music (and she plays it beautifully!)

And now for the special memories/inside jokes:

Me and Jaimee - December 1995

- Remember when we worked at McDonald’s together and the time when you and I were celebrating “it’s not a dream, it’s not a dream!”?

- Remember the fun we had throwing pancakes into the ceiling fan?

- “Toepick!” “Yes, Doug can read.” “Is tryout.” “Hale schmale!

- “Velcro. Next to the Walkman and Tab, it is the coolest invention of the 20th century.

- “Brake fluid…Bran flavor…BRAIN FEVER!” “A nurse’s oath?!

- “What’s wrong with that?!” “Bye-yum-pum-pum!” “Fortuosity, that’s me by-word!

Jaimee and I - July 1997

- Remember when we shared an apartment with Josh and recorded silly answering machine messages together?

- Remember all of the fun lunch dates we’ve gone on together with your beautiful, wonderful children?

- Remember what a great friend and great example you’ve always been to me?

- Remember how you've always encouraged me and how much I love you?

Jaimee and I - November 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY KINDRED SPIRIT!! WITH ALL MY UNDYING LOVE AND SUPPORT!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a beautiful tribute! You rock and I loved reading all of these fun inside jokes and laughing!! Love you oh so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I remember many of those memories too ... we three had some very cool times together! Thanks for blogging about our great sister!

    ReplyDelete