Thursday, September 16, 2010

“Golden”

Day 105



On September 16th 1938 my grandparents, Theron Anhder and Margaret Maughan were married. On September 23rd 1988 their 50th anniversary was commemorated/celebrated by friends and family, and I had the privilege of being there for this occasion. It was quite a gathering of friends and relatives and it took place in the cultural hall of a church. There were pictures on display of my grandparents, including this one, from their wedding day:

A beautiful couple!
As I recall there was cake and other goodies served at this celebration, which was a lot like a wedding reception. Me and my siblings all wore our Sunday clothes and hung out with the various cousins that were present.

Anyway, the 50th Anniversary is often referred to as the Golden” Anniversary, and it is truly a special milestone, particularly in this day and age when there is so many issues and struggles working against marriages. They were just four years shy of reaching their 70th anniversary, as they both passed away in 2004. But I know that they are reunited with each other and enjoying the blessings of an eternal life together.


Happy Anniversary to Grandpa and Grandma Anhder with all my love!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet! We better start planning for mom and dad 'cause their 50th comes up in just 9 years. That seems like a lot of time but you know it will fly by. I;m thinkinga cruise would be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete