This is going to be a pretty random, “out there” post, but in my defense I have to say that I am feeling very anxious about my new job (which starts on Monday, just 2 days away!), so I am a little distracted right now.
Anyway, I had one idea for a blog post, then I decided to scrap it; I looked at various photos, hoping to find inspiration. And then out of the blue I got the idea to compile some of my more “macho” pictures, and this immediately got me thinking about the 1980s Patty Smyth song “The Warrior”; then I realized that today is Saturday, which made me think of the LDS musical “Saturday’s Warrior” and…you get the picture!
So here are some warrior-esque (is that a word?) pictures!! Enjoy!!
OK, I know I look a little scary in this picture, but I think this embodies the look of a "warrior", to some
degree, right? Anyway, this was from my 20th birthday - 1994. This is kind of disturbing, actually, so
let's move on to another picture...
Speaking of disturbing, I think this picture is even worse! Check out my 'farmer's tan'!!
This was my pathetic attempt at flexing my non-existent muscles. Warrior? Naw!!
White wimp? Absolutely!!
Josh and I were playing with these big foam things and using them like 'Star Wars' lightsabers! This was taken on the day of my sister Jaimee's high school graduation in 1995.
I saved the best for last - this is one of my all-time
favorite family pictures! We are all looking very serious,
and me and my brothers look like we
could be on the gang of Jesse James! Don't mess with us!!






Now I'm going to have "The Warrior" stuck in my head all day!! :P I remember getting that family picture taken and I remember the lady telling me to 'look pleasant' and that was my interpretation of that! And I DON'T want to mess with you guys- you look mean!! ;)
ReplyDeleteBy the way- you will do great at the job... try not to stress!! Love you!
Ha ha ... I forgot about those foam light-saber battles we had. Check out the first action shot with my weapon ready to CRUSH you! Too funny ... very cool random post. It is nice to know my mind is not the only one that A.D.D.'s to an eventual blog posting.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen that western family pic. That is awesome, you totally look like a bad mutha!
ReplyDelete