Thursday, December 2, 2010

“God Bless Us Every One”

Day 182

Get ready for lots and lots of posts about Christmas this month (What? I was going to do this in June?) A lot of different things come to mind when one thinks of the Christmas holiday; for example, the classic Christmas stories - such as Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. There have been numerous interpretations of this beloved holiday fable, including TV specials and movies. And the story has been adapted as a musical play, which I had the privilege of seeing last year with Jordan, Erin and her sister Kaylie.

Good food - Great company

It was Wednesday December 2nd 2009 when we went to The Stage Theatre at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts to see A Christmas Carol. Before attending the play the four of us enjoyed a stroll through the mall area of the Center; we enjoyed a good meal at Chili’s and then we went to the theater.

There were people of all ages present for this performance. It was sweet to see so many children there, dressed in their Sunday best for this production, and I was impressed with how well behaved they were.


Even though I have seen dozens of variations on this classic tale I still enjoyed seeing A Christmas Carol, especially on the live stage. The stage itself was smaller, more intimate, and at times cast members would appear and exit from within the audience. And as for the play itself, this production was simply amazing, consisting of a very talented, memorable cast, fantastic sets and special effects and beautiful musical numbers paced throughout the show.

It was a lot of fun seeing this with Jordan, Erin and Kaylie. It would be great to turn this into another Christmas tradition, and to have all of the family take part in it!

God bless us every one, indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment