Day 195
I have gathered together some memorable pictures of me and my siblings during “the most wonderful time of the year” - and these pictures have certainly helped me get into the holiday spirit, reminding me of those glorious days when me and my siblings would be so excited about Christmas; when we would put aside our differences long enough to share in the frenzy of the festivity!
I think this was either Christmas ‘78 or ‘79 in Orem, Utah. I love the expressions on each of our faces: I look like I’m saying something like “What’s with the hold up, people? Let’s get to opening these presents!”; Jaimee looks like she is thinking “What? Can’t I just play with my new toys?”; and Josh looks like he’s napping during the unwrapping (nice little pun there, huh?)
A Christmas with Jordan!! This was taken in ‘84, again in Orem. I like this picture because this is one of the only pictures we have of the years when we had a flocked tree. We would alternate between a green tree and a white tree. Anyway, here’s a good example of how well-behaved us kids would be around Christmastime - of course it wouldn’t last long!
Christmas ‘86, in Rigby, Idaho. This is a picture of the aftermath, the ruins of Christmas, so to speak. We’re all enjoying our new toys/games/etc. (I love Jordan’s expression!) Jaimee is holding a little Cabbage Patch Kid family; Josh is giving a sincere smile (shock!); and I’m trying to get into the picture while being confined to my bed in my blasted body cast! Ain’t I cute?!



I think your Sibling Revelry posts are my absolute favorites. I love the compilations of pictures you find. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I love you!! :)
ReplyDeleteJordan's face is so awesome in that last one. You should make him do that expression again and snag a pic to compare.
ReplyDelete