This is my post-Christmas blog post (cute, huh?) It has taken me a while to recover from yesterday, not to say that yesterday was a bad experience or anything like that! On the contrary, it was a great day! It was also a very overwhelming, fun-filled and family-filled day and I needed some time to myself to process the events of the day.
Anyway, having all of my family together on Christmas was a great blessing! Even though it can be very hectic and noisy having so many people together under one roof, it is also very rewarding and precious. Not everyone has that opportunity to have their entire family assembled together on Christmas, so I know that this is special and rare.
All of my nephews and nieces were full of the holiday spirit, practically bouncing off the walls with excitement at what they got for Christmas. And then they had their presents to open from the grandparents, which was so much fun to witness. I have a small understanding now of what it must be like for a parent to give their child a present and then watch the excitement unfold as the child opens the gift. It really is better to give than to receive!
My mom prepared a huge meal that was so delicious (I am recovering from overeating!), complete with turkey, her famous homemade rolls (my favorite) and a ham. It was a fantastic meal and now we’ll be able to enjoy leftovers for the next week! I love it!
It was a truly Merry Christmas for us! Here are some more pictures of Christmas 2010 with my family:
No comments:
Post a Comment